Parent Gatekeeper Training
Thematic Online Workshops on Parent Gatekeeper Training
Parents are the important gatekeepers of their children. We encourage parents to give more care and support to their children, and to recognize ways of safeguarding their children's mental health. “Thematic Online Workshops on Parent Gatekeeper Training” aims to strengthen parents' confidence and skills as "gatekeepers", help them early identify and support their children's mental health needs, and adopt a positive attitude in helping their children face challenges in their growth.
“Thematic Online Workshops on Parent Gatekeeper Training” is comprised of four themes—strengthening children's adaptability and cognitive resilience, helping children cope with stress, and understanding the skills for caring children with mental health needs. The workshop is divided into four two-hour sessions. Parents can enrol for the appropriate session according to their needs.
The workshops were completed in Dec 2022. Handouts of the workshops are as follows (Chinese version only):
- Workshop (1): Adjustment and Coping
- Workshop (2): Stress Management and Problem Solving
- Workshop (3): Early Identification and Timely Support
- Workshop (4): Flexibility and Resilience
Online Workshops on Parent Gatekeeper Training
Parents play a significant role in promoting the mental health of their children and supporting them in times of stress or negative emotion. The Parent Workshop on Gatekeeper Training aims to boost parents’ awareness and understanding in mental health and enhance their ability to identify and support their children with mental health problems.
1. To enhance parents’ knowledge on mental health and awareness of own mental well-being;
2. To enhance parents’ knowledge and skills in early identification of children with mental health problems;
3. To empower parents to respond to and support children with mental health problems; and
4. To enhance parents’ knowledge about resources available for helping their children with mental health problems.
Online Workshop on Parent Gatekeeper Training (Senior Secondary) (Re-run) is now open for enrolment!
Details of the workshop:
Date: 27 Oct, 3 Nov, 17 Nov and 24 Nov 2023 (Friday)
Time: 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Mode: Online workshop
Target: Parents of S.4 to S.6 students
Medium of instruction: Cantonese
Enrolment Deadline: 20 Oct 2023 (Friday)
Please click here for details and enrolment.
Tips for Parents
In order to help parents recap ideas on supporting children’s mental health, tips for parents are designed. Displaying the tips at home, parents are reminded to take care of themselves and their children's mental health anytime and anywhere .
Parent tips (1)
Parent tips (2)
Parent tips (3)
Parent tips (4)
(Chinese version only)