"Start the Day Full of Energy" Slogan Design Competition
The competition was closed on 31 May 2022 and a total of some 5 000 entries have been received.
The winning entries of each category were selected by the judging panel.
Please click here to view the results of the competition.
Objective of the Competition
Lower Primary Parent-child Group
P.1-P.3 students & parents
Upper Primary Group*
Junior Secondary Group*
Senior Secondary Group*
Rules and Regulations
- Each participant can submit one entry only.
- The idea and content of the entries must conform to the theme of the competition. Participants must ensure that their entries are original and have not been published or used in other similar activities.
- Participants must ensure that their entries do not contain any material that is obscene, violent, pornographic, defamatory, indecent, disparaging or content that is controversial and inappropriate, and do not violate the laws of the HKSAR. Failure to do so will result in disqualification from the competition.
- Participants must complete the entry form and submit their entries via the designated webpage. Entries must be submitted by 23:59 (Hong Kong time) on 31 May 2022 (Tuesday). Entries sent by post or submitted in person will not be accepted.
- Any delay, loss, error, unidentified submission, etc. of data on the part of the participants due to technical problems with computers, smart phones, or networks will be regarded as failing to complete the submission process and the entries will be considered ineligible for the competition.
- Entries cannot be modified or replaced once submitted.
- Intellectual Property:
- Entries must be the participants’ original work and have not been released publicly.
- Participants must ensure that the content of their entries does not infringe on any copyright and publication right. For details, please refer to https://www.ipd.gov.hk/eng/pub_press/publications/IP_e.pdf.
- Entries that have infringed on the intellectual property rights will not be accepted. The EDB takes no liability whatsoever for any infringement.
- Regardless of the results of the competition, the EDB shall have the right to reproduce, use, modify, display and publish any entries, in whole or in part, in any forms without geographical, frequency and time restrictions and without payment of compensation; and the right to use, or not use, the winning entries. The EDB’s decision on the above actions shall be final.
- The EDB has the final decision of the above actions.
- The EDB reserves the right to revise the rules, terms, content and arrangements of the competition without prior notice.
- In case of disputes, the EDB's decision shall be final.
Theme and Requirements of Entries
- Entries must be based on the theme of promoting mental health literacy, and may include such messages as positive attitudes, self-care, facing setbacks, and overcoming adversities.
- Entries can be in Chinese and/or English, with a recommended maximum of 20 characters in Chinese or 15 words in English.
Awards and Prizes
There will be one champion, one first runner-up, one second runner-up and a maximum of 10 merit awards in each category. Winners will receive the following awards and prizes:
|Champion||Trophy + HK$1,000 book voucher|
|First runner-up||Trophy + HK$800 book voucher|
|Second runner-up||Trophy + HK$500 book voucher|
|Merit awards (10)||
Certificate of commendation + $100 book voucher for each awardee
- The results of the competition will be announced on this competition webpage on 15 July 2022 (Friday).
- Winners will receive awards and public recognition at the Prize Presentation Ceremony to be held in August 2022. Winners will be notified of the details of the Prize Presentation Ceremony after the announcement of the competition results.
Winning entries (together with the names of the entrants and their attending schools) will be published in the “Start the Day Full of Energy” quotation corner on the "Mental Health @School" website of the EDB.
The judging panel comprises different stakeholders (including school heads, parents, professionals, etc.) who will weigh the entries based on the following criteria:
|Adherence to the theme: whether it is in line with the theme of promoting mental health literacy, and whether the content is positive and inspiring.||50%|
Impactfulness: whether the use of words and expressions can convey the meaning of the slogans in an impactful way that impresses the readers.
|Creative thinking: originality and uniqueness of the slogans.||20%|
The Prize Presentation Ceremony will be held on 1 August 2022. Winners will be notified individually with the details of the event.
For enquiries, please contact Ms Jennifer TANG of the Educational Psychology Service (Kowloon 1) Section of the EDB on 3698 4307.