Suspending classes without suspending love in the epidemic For teachers - Episode (2): Care for students: basic counselling skills
This episode introduces the stress reactions of students in response to the epidemic and class suspension; and some basic counselling skills for teachers in understanding and accepting student's emotional reactions and also discuss how to use the skills to help their students get through the adversity positively and return to the usual state.
Other related information
In the face of unforeseeable events such as the epidemic and class suspension, many students understandably feel stressed and disturbed and have experienced mood swings. The Education Bureau has produced a series of short psychoeducational videos to equip teachers and parents with the skills to deal with the negative emotions and mental stress of their students and children.
- For teachers - Episode (1): Care for self
- For teachers - Episode (2): Care for students: basic counselling skills
- For teachers - Episode (3): Practical skills in handling the emotions of young students
- For teachers - Episode (4): Practical skills in handling the emotions of teenage students
- For teachers - Episode (5): Facing class resumption positively