Suspending classes without suspending love in the epidemic For parents - Episode (2): Care for children: basic counselling skills
This episode introduces the stress reactions of children in response to the epidemic and class suspension; and some basic counselling skills for parents in understanding and accepting children's emotional reactions and also discuss how to use the skills to help their children get through the adversity positively and return to the usual state.
Other related information
In the face of unforeseeable events such as the epidemic and class suspension, many students understandably feel stressed and disturbed and have experienced mood swings. The EDB has produced a series of short psychoeducational videos to equip teachers and parents with the skills to deal with the negative emotions and mental stress of their students and children.
- For parents - Episode (1): Care for self
- For parents - Episode (2): Care for children: Basic counselling skills
- For parents - Episode (3): Practical skills in handling the emotions of young children
- For parents - Episode (4): Practical skills in handling the emotions of teenage children
- For parents - Episode (5): Facing class resumption positively